The Basics of OOH Advertising
The very words’ Offline Advertising’ can make some people go, “But everyone, and their grandmothers, are online these days.” But many have underestimated the sheer marketing power (even genius) of Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising.
- The public approach in engaging customers never gets old
- As non-digital and traditional it is, the idea serves multiple purposes, many of them highly effective
If done right, anything from billboards, bus-side and car-top ads, and fancy roadside banners can work marvels in promoting your brand to…get this…everyone who is NOT online at that point in time.
What About DOOH?
Digital out-of-home advertising, or DOOH, works in much the same way. By relying on (and implementing) AdTech services like personalization, tracking, measurement, geofencing, attribution, and retargeting, you can still be digital and remain offline at the same time.
- Just imagine digital billboards, and you will get an idea of where THIS idea is going
- From a strict business perspective, you need to transition from OOH to DOOH. You are already late to the party if you haven’t!!
Using most of the techniques perfected under the OOH banner, you need to modify and adapt them to the DOOH playing field, and you’re good to go.
Benefits of OOH for Advertisers
We’re well into a world where digitally-enabled OOH has become a thing. Suppose a person comes across your ‘offline’ ad, and they use scan (or other) options to learn more about it via their smartphones.
- Nearly every competent business has an app these days. Linking back your OOH campaigns to said app(s) will sooner lead to business success
- Location-based data is definitely used when a customer turns to an app to discover your brand or service
- Imagine a hundred such discoveries, a thousand, a million, each one generating a ‘traffic map’ for you to study, which in turn will help you target all the right audiences based on their geo-position
- Measuring viewership of OOH ads unravels along these lines, especially in tandem with tech tools like geofencing and retargeting
Next comes the part where advertisers ascertain whether someone actually viewed their ad in that location, or learned more about it elsewhere at a later time. This is an especially valuable tool if you aim to drive foot traffic to your dedicated storefront(s).
Billboard Ideas for OOH
A. Full-Motion Digital
Busy transit routes and digital content for wide outdoor spaces have inspired a new-age trend in billboard design, namely dynamic full-motion digital spectacles sure to catch the eye. Full-motion DOOH has become an established success story. Imagine New York City without Times Square, and you will start to see how powerful full-motion digital OOH has become.
B. Light-Surround Illustration
This design is just as easy to visualize, namely static bulletins and billboards, but with a nice digital-touched outer ‘frame’ to help catch the eye of customers on the go. You can also sync multiple billboards to create visual effects that remain in people’s minds long after they reach their destinations. This design plays a ‘trick’ on the brain, in that it makes your OOH ad appear larger than life while leaving room for you to change or modify said billboard without altering the entire illustration and/or light-play.
Reports have indicated that 46 percent of an all-adult survey has searched for the product online after seeing it first through an OOH ad. MoMantra helps you incorporate OOH media advertising into your multi-channel campaigns. We will use OOH media and make you exclaim WOW on seeing the results!!